Helping to enhance teaching and learning
METAL materials or resources itemised on this site offer the user a 'pick and mix' approach to individual teaching sessions.
The online question bank can be used for:
- Diagnostic testing
- Practice exercises
- Problem sheets
- Video support
The video-clips provide:
- Real world examples illustrating the principles of economics from basics to more advanced topics.
- Animated graphics boards demonstrating how to answer questions raised in the introduction.
- Mathematical concepts developed by an on-camera presenter, illustrated with simple animations.
The teaching and learning guides are aimed at lecturers and tutors, and present:
- Innovative and interactive approaches to teaching mathematical concepts to economics students.
- Topical flow charts identifying different ways to present concepts.
- Top tips.
- Links to external resources.
- Ways to incorporate the question bank and video clips into teaching activities.